Our group SOLINA (1685 employees, 450 M turnover, 18 production sites in Europe and locations in 17 countries) imagines, conceives and develops ingredient solutions for food industries.
Our Vision : "Creating sensory food experiences"
Solina Netherlands BV is BRC-, I.F.S.- and Skal-certified and supplies products to the industrial, institutional, retail and foodservice markets.
We are a leading supplier in spices, herbs and sauces with production locations in Rotterdam and Nieuw-Vennep.
For the Nieuw Vennep site, we are looking for a:
Senior GL Accountant M/W
Reporting hierarchically to the Finance Manager and working closely together with the Business Controller and AP and Cash Collection accountants (AR/AP reports directly towards the GL accountant). Part of the European Key-User platform of using AX for Finance to apply best practices and share within the Finance team.
Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, reconciling and analysing accounting transactions.
Secure the integrity of general ledger accounts of 3 legal entities (including the Holding Company).
Maintain up to date reconciliations, detailed specifications of various Balance Sheet accounts (fixed assets; suspense accounts; accrued and deferred expenses, customer bonus schemes)
Verify proper registration of purchase, production and sales related goodsflow movements from transactional records to the financial accounts. Monitor open GR/IR items and to be invoiced items.
Responsible for the accuracy of payroll data entering into the financial accounts; maintaining the appropriate reconciliations.
Monitor, validate and make adjustments to the recording of costs per the departmental (production) cost-center structure; Assist the Finance Manager and Business Controller with cost center reporting and analysis.
Leading the month-end closing process; including the group interactions and the inter-co reconciliation responsibility.
Preparation of and assisting the Finance Manager and Business Controller in the monthly financial and business reporting within the given timelines.
Support the development and implementation of financial procedures and internal controls with use of the ERP system (AX);
Supportive to share best practices for using our system AX Dynamics (ERP-system) as being a key-user for the Finance Community.
Assure proper applying the financial procedures and internal controls
Prepare VAT declarations, support in the CIT filing and be responsible for various CBS (statistical) declarations.
Preparation of complete audit documentation for the External Auditor. Act as the External Auditors point of contact for financial accounting reconciliations.
Take over responsibilities of the Finance Manager during absence related to financial accounting and reporting.
- Professional education on at least Bachelor level (e.g. HEAO-BE or SPD Bookkeeping);
- Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant experience in an international work environment
- Evidencing excellent financial accounting skills (working); pragmatical and problem solving attitude (hands-on);
- Show a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to set priorities whilst remaining flexible and customer oriented; to deliver high quality service
- Able to interact and communicate clearly;
- Works in a team (shares knowledge) as well as autonomously (pro-active, self starting);
- Follows processes and instructions, assumes responsibility and deals with issues calmly and objectively;
- Knowledge of Dutch accounting rules;
- Dutch language; good (intermediate) in English; written and spoken;
- Experience with ERP AX Microsoft is a plus.
A challenging role with growth potential in a developing, young, ambitious and dynamic environment.