Our group SOLINA (1685 Employees, € 450 M turnover, 18 production sites in Europe and locations in 17 countries) imagines, conceives and develops ingredient solutions for food industries.
Our vision: « Creating sensory food experiences ».
As a forward-looking community of food passionate people, we are currently recruiting our:
QHSE Manager (M/F)
Location in Rotterdam (dry mix) / Nieuw Vennep (sauces, marinades, dressings)
You report directly to the Group QHSE Director. You are a member of the NL Operational Management Team and as such reporting on a functional level to the Country Manager NL.
Execute the Solina NL QHSE plan, so that all Solina products, services and activities comply with all applicable legal obligations, meet Solina minimum requirements, international standards such as GFSI and ISO as well as specific customer requirements
Manage the Solina NL QHSE team (3 direct reports, 12 indirect reports) and its activities in line with Solina Group QHSE requirements, strategies and objectives, supporting the Solina NL business so that planned Solina NL business targets can be achieved:
- Ensuring the QHSE team is fit for purpose, in terms of people development, competence and performance
- Providing the necessary internal and customer service levels at acceptable cost
- Monitoring QHSE performance and taking appropriate measures in case of deviation
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement and of no compromise when it comes to People Safety, Food Safety and Legal Compliance.
- Ensuring that the Solina NL’s “licenses to operate” are maintained (GFSI, ISO, other..)
- Proactively anticipating Solina NL business requirements for QHSE and adapting strategies accordingly
- Monitoring QHSE legal requirements for Solina NL and ensuring (future) compliance
- Supporting the Solina NL business in the management of QHSE related risks
Education: scientific education, MSc/BSc or equivalent in Food Sciences, Chemistry or Microbiology
Experience: proven team management experience (> 5 years), proven functional QHSE experience and credibility (> 10 years),
Skills and Key Competencies: formal and informal leader, good communicator (in writing and oral), outspoken team player, motivator, entrepreneurial drive, proven professionalism, knowledge of QHSE-systems & standards (f.e. BRC or other GFSI, ISO9000, ISO45001, ISO14000, ISO26000, Lean), helicopter view, business perspective/acumen
Languages: Dutch, English and French (pre)