We are the leading producer of chilled sauces in the UK. We supply the very top tier of supermarkets in the UK and we love what we do. Not only do make the tastiest and highest quality sauces out there but, we continue to innovate our recipes, formats and process so that we continue to put smiles on faces at the dinner table.
We’re not a business that stands still and rest on our previous successes, we like to stay fresh and keep improving everything we do. We continually invest in the development of our teams so that they, in turn, challenge each other and the business to improve.
Our group SOLINA (1685 employees, 450 M turnover, 18 production sites in Europe and locations in 17 countries) imagines, conceives and develops ingredient solutions for food industries.
Our Vision : "Creating sensory food experiences"
An opportunity has now arisen for Production Operatives to join our Solina Elland team.
The overall purpose of the role is to deliver effective production on a designated flow line(s) from prepping all the way through the process to booking out so that plan is achieved to standard. Work in conjunction with the Line Leader to ensure all line team members are trained to standard and that skills are balanced across the line(s). Improve the productivity, safety and quality of the line together with its surrounding environment to enable the business to achieve its objectives.
Following the focus(es) set by Line Leader the main responsibilities are:
- To ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times through high standards of organisation and compliance. Food safety, quality and hygiene standards are maintained at all times. The line achieves its conformance to plan at the agreed standard
- Work in conjunction with other departments to deliver the productivity, safety, quality and hygiene standards on the line and ensure these are maintained at all times (audit ready)
- Continuously Improve the lines productivity, safety, quality and hygiene standards
- Effectively and safely operate all machinery and equipment within the scope of the line
- Ensure accurate recording and documentation of any production information, downtime and short interval control
- Ensure a good and consistent handover at either end of shift communicating all relevant issues
- To move across the production line as demand dictates.
- Place the needs of our customers at the heart of everything we do
- A keen eye for detail (essential)
- Willing to be flexible and adapt to the needs and demands of the business (essential)
- Achieve set standards and strive to set higher standards (essential)
- High standards of accuracy
- Basic level of English & Maths (essential)
- PC Literate with Microsoft Skills (essential)
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Positive 'can do' attitude