We are the leading producer of chilled sauces in the UK. We supply the very top tier of supermarkets in the UK and we love what we do. Not only do make the tastiest and highest quality sauces out there but, we continue to innovate our recipes, formats and processes so that we continue to put smiles on faces at the dinner table.
We’re not a business that stands still and rest on our previous successes, we like to stay fresh and keep improving everything we do. We continually invest in the development of our teams so that they, in turn, challenge each other and the business to improve.
Our group SOLINA (1685 employees, 450 M turnover, 18 production sites in Europe and locations in 17 countries) imagines, conceives and develops ingredient solutions for food industries.
Our Vision : "Creating sensory food experiences"
An opportunity has now arisen for a Head Development Chef to join our Solina Elland team.
We are looking for:
A creative Head Development Chef to lead our Retail and B2B development teams into 2020 and beyond. Ideally, you will have a fine dining background in global cuisine, working to a very high standard that appeals to our market leading customers. Whilst keeping this high-end kitchen background at your core, you can demonstrate a hands-on track record in commercial product development. We are looking for someone with the energy to fuel our business growth to the next level.
The business continues to expand and, with your guidance, will make significant financial investment into its development kitchen in 2020. You will be financially astute with food costings and comfortable with leading a team whilst reporting to the UK Managing Director
We need you to:
- Lead the culinary direction of the business to wow our customers and drive our new product launch program
- Inspire a team of 3 Business Development Chefs and 3 Kitchen Technicians to new levels of culinary experience
- Understand the wants and needs of consumers to keep us one step ahead
- Present ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to drive the creative development process
- Proactively develop new concepts whilst managing a portfolio of high-end retail and B2B customers
- Elevate our customer experience to a whole new level
- Be flexible in approach to work and willingness to travel to customers
- Be a team player and lead by example
- Love it, you build on a qualified chef core by staying fresh and relevant
- Have initiative and invention to self-manage the delivery of projects across the business
- Be experienced as a Development Chef within Retail and B2B environments
- Have the team at your heart and be able to remain calm and focused to ensure every presentation is a wow experience and that every dish is impeccable
- Have energy, drive and ambition to succeed
- Ability to plan and organise resources
- Have a basic understanding of IT, power point, word and excel. Familiarity with recipe databases an advantage but not essential
- Proven multi project management skills
- Have both technical and commercial knowledge