Our group SOLINA (1685 Employees, € 450 M turnover, 18 production sites in Europe and locations in 17 countries) designs customised ingredient solutions for our clients operating in the savoury food industry, food service and butchery markets.
Our vision: « Creating sensory food experiences »
As a forward-looking community of food passionate people, we are currently recruiting our:
Group Supplier Quality Assurance Manager W/M
The location is flexible - the headquarters is in Bréal-Sous-Montfort (35) France
You report directly to the Solina group QHSE director, manage a team of 2 Suppliers Quality Assurance experts functionally and 2 raw material specification QA specialists directly and you work closely with regional QHSE managers. You will operate in the following fields:
In an international environment you ensure the implementation of the Solina Supplier QA Management strategy and you improve supplier performance, customer confidence, reduce mistakes and costs related to material non-conformity (proactive and reactive e.g. complaints), and reduce risks on liability claims.
You set up and enforce the appropriate supplier quality standards and programs with all stakeholders, supporting the Solina regions (with the implementation, monitoring/reporting on progress made and/or critical supplier related quality issues.)
- You implement and direct the Solina supplier quality management program and processes, involving supplier evaluation, supplier risk assessment, supplier development, supplier auditing programs, vendor assurance programs and procedures, striving for a continuously improving supplier base and supplier performance at business agreed cost.
- You manage and develop a team of supplier quality and raw material data professionals.
- You manage and update all Solina Group raw material data and Solina Group material specifications (2000), in line with regulatory requirements and market developments.
- You manage all the QHSE activities related to the Solina Group purchasing Hub.
- You provide reporting about delivered quality performance of Group suppliers and action plans to the Solina purchasing group, the Solina QHSE management team and Solina regions.
- You provide also technical support to R&D and purchasing for new product and / or new material development, cost reductions and product launches (including e.g. the writing of technical annexes to contracts)
- You manage administrative support to all changes involving Group materials: Vendor or Material change or creation for new product development, cost reduction programs, and any other business project or initiative.
- You support the Solina purchasing group and R&D in identifying suitable suppliers.
- You provide strategic advice to the Solina QHSE director and the Solina QHSE management team about supplier suitability, development potential & risk.
- You manage quality issues, litigation and product crisis with Solina Group suppliers.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in food science, quality management or Food engineer.
Experience: ideally, 10 years of successful international experience in the Food industry with at least 5 years in QA (preferably supplier quality management or vendor assurance) functions.
- Versatile: capable of working “Hands on” as well as strategic thinking
- Good organizer and planner
- Capability to motivate and to drive change
- Proven Leadership ability and good communication skills
- Ability to build sound working relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Convincing power, business sense, team player, capable of representing our company at suppliers.
- Fluency in English, French language and/or other European languages highly appreciated.
- Travelling is essential for your job (30-50% of the time).