SOLINA Group (around 1700 Employees, € 450 M turnover, 18 production sites in Europe and locations in 18 countries) – one of the European market leaders in the creation and development of food ingredient solutions for our clients – is operating in the savoury food industry, food service and butchery markets.
As a forward-looking community of food passionate people, and to support our continuous growth, we are currently recruiting:
Category Manager Meat W/M
Location: flexible ; ideally Bréal-Sous-Montfort (35) France
You report directly to the Group Marketing Director, work closely with the Marketing, R&D and Sales teams at regional and Group levels
In an international environment you drive and grow the Meat category at Solina, you ensure the development and execution of a Meat category growth plan and annual roadmap for the core markets of Solina in the savoury processed food market. You understand the evolution and trends, as well as the technical environment of the meat market. You develop new value propositions for our customers and you work closely together with R&D for the launch of innovations to markets. You know the global competitive landscape. You are a real team player that can work and liaise with all departments in the organisation.
- You define, build and implement a category growth plan for the Meat categories in the B2B market and you develop and execute the annual roadmap with clear targets and goals to deliver
- You identify and track market & consumer trends, turn market needs and technological innovations into new value propositions for Solina.
- You monitor and bring a regular updated view of the global competitive landscape to the organisation
- You develop ideas and concepts, and launch new innovations to market, in close coordination with Marketing, R&D and sales teams, at group and regional level. To do so, you actively participate and / or lead the innovation funnel process at category specific meetings.
- You promote these innovations both internally and externally.
- You understand the technical specificities of the meat business, you actively support the regional sales team at targeted customers and/or large opportunities to realize the opportunity.
- You inspire customers with inspirational concepts and new opportunities and you deliver exciting new solutions, backed with market analysis and trends.
- You provide for weekly / monthly / quarterly business reporting on market and sales performance, opportunity management and targets in Europe and by region.
- You are a real team player and enjoy working in close cooperation with all departments in the organisation to get things done! You have a hands-on mentality.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science or Marketing
- Experience: at least 5 years of successful product or category management experience in B2B Food industry within a service minded international environment
- In-depth knowledge of marketing/category management, business-oriented and results-driven
- Leadership – ability to act, convince and perform in a cross functional team in multi-cultural environments, in matrix organizational structure.
- Proven analytical management skills, action oriented and flexible approach.
- Good decision-making skills with an ability to influence, inspire, articulate, promote insights and solutions
- Great communicator with energetic and creative skills
- Fluency in English, other language is a plus.
- Travelling is essential for your job (min 30% of the time).