You report directly to the Business Development Manager and will operate in the following fields:
- Develop and grow the category of New Protein Foods at Solina, with the business department and brand name “NEXTERA”, The Future Generation of Protein Foods.
- Accelerate the growth in core markets of Solina, being Savoury food industry (retail), Food Service and Butchers.
- Be the New Protein Food ambassador: Foster the internal New Protein Food community by support of the regional marketing & sales teams.
- Operate in a true “start-up” spirit from our newly created “Future Food Research Centre” in Belgium. Guarantee an optimal processing flow, from order until delivery.
- Work closely together with R&D, to bring innovation to market, manage the innovation funnel process and launch new products to market .
- Interact with all departments: HR, Production, Communications, Sales, R&D, Finance.
- Be the Meat Substitutes champion: understand the global competitive landscape, identify the drivers and barriers of the market based on market data, consumer & customer insights, market launches tracking, internal data and feedback from the regional marketing & sales teams.
- Develop category growth plan and annual roadmap, to capture market growth, gain market share, and deliver the right value proposition to market.
- Drive growth in close cooperation with regional marketing & sales by strengthening the country centric approach: share information on Market and consumer insights, Nextera value proposition, best practices & key learnings, gather key requirements,…. Constantly drive new opportunities at customers.
- Motivate and support regional marketing & sales teams at targeted key accounts, and/or during visits at the pilot plant in Belgium.
- Launch Nextera new products and innovations to market, following the innovation funnel process at category platform meeting.
- Coordinate and reinforce the branding strategy – develop brand awareness and preference. Ensure consistency across the regions with the support of the Communication Manager.
- Support an annual recurring Inspirational Nextera Trend Program with new value propositions, in close working relationship with Regional Marketing Managers and Market Research & Consumer Insights Manager to push Nextera opportunities at existing and new customers at regional level .
- Understand the challenges of customers and help solving them together with the European Future Food team and regional teams.
- Network with other partners in the industry and establish the best position for Solina in the value chain.
- Support the internal New Protein Food management meeting: guarantee an optimal processing flow from order intake until delivery. Manage forecasts and stock (MOQ/ corrective measures on reststocks/ samples…).
- Be responsible for weekly / monthly / quarterly business reporting on sales performance, opportunity management and targets in Europe and by region.
- Education: Master in Marketing Product Managements or Economics or expertise by experience.
- Experience: at least 3 years of successful experience in B2B Marketing/ Product Management. Experience within Food industry with customized products is an important plus.
Skills, key competencies and mindset:
- In-depth knowledge of marketing, business-oriented and results-driven
- Proven analytical management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Able to multitask, set priorities and to work in a fast paced environment
- Leadership – ability to act, convince and perform in a cross functional team in multi-cultural environments, in matrix organizational structure
- Being able to effectively influence, to make decisions and ability to articulate and defend strategic insights and solutions
- Ability to identify and articulate value drivers for key customers and strategically position.
- Able to perform on a strategic and operational level
- Great communicator, energetic and creative skills
- Inspires others, hands-on
- English is a must, dutch, french and german are an important plus
- Willing to travel (also for weekly assignments when required)
Sales & Marketing